RCadvisor.com blog
Reviving dead Lipo batteries
  • A buddy of mine revived his DEAD 1s Lipo by bringing up the charge using a 1.5v AA battery.
    After that he used (2) 1.5 v batteries in series for 3Volts...It came back enough to use the charger.  

I have been unsuccessful.  ARRRGH !    Any technique that WORKS would be greatly helpful,
    since I have a bunch of micro planes:  5 SilverLit Havoc Helis, a Nano-hawk and a Ptero-Scout.  
    All are loved aircraft and are in perfect shape except for dead batteries !!
    Help and Thanks

Brew, near Austin Tx (where its always windy, seems)
  • That is really interesting.

I just bought a few 1S 160 mAh packs for about a dollar each. At that price, it's hard to justify losing sleep over them.

If anyone has figured out how to revive battery packs back to good health, I'd love to hear about it.

Carlos
  • Havoc helis, once dissected, you find a little glob of a lipo
    Really hard to find replacement, are those 160 mah batteries small & light ?
    If so, maybe useful.  batterspace doesnt even list 1s lipos
    Where did you get yours ?

Thanks
  • This is what I have:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=11893&aff=16349

Five gram weight. My price is $1.37. They have some without connectors, if that is easier to work with.

Carlos
  • admin said:

That is really interesting.

I just bought a few 1S 160 mAh packs for about a dollar each. At that price, it's hard to justify losing sleep over them.

If anyone has figured out how to revive battery packs back to good health, I'd love to hear about it.

Carlos

I have a video on my youtube channel named rcjoseb that shows how to use a lipo charger in nimh mode to bring the cells back up to their min lipo voltage so that they can then be charged in lipo mode.

Jose
  • It looks like this is the video:

Dead Lipo Battery Recovery YouTube video

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged